7.12.2011

Tired but not weary

I am tired.  The kind of tired where you melt into your bed at night, where you sleep hard and only open your eyes when its morning.  But there isn't anything else I would rather be doing with my summer than serving the kids from Solace along with my husband, Jami and Stacy.  There is something really bonding about serving with people--watching God's hand provide when you think "there is NO way this is going to come together."  I have to come to realize how important service is in order to for me to take my eyes off of myself.  It is so easy for me to get caught up in the next thing--the next vacation, house, car or trend.  I am grateful for Lida and her daily reminder to me of what matters most in life.

I also have realized how MUCH God for cares for "the one."  There are numerous places in the bible that shows this to be true (the lost sheep, coin) but He cared for Lida so much he brought her back again.  He searched Afghanistan and brought our 6 kids over to the L.A. branch of Solace.
I am tired for the Kingdom sake and this smile makes it worth it.

6 comments:

Pam said...

chocked me up a little Nic. So happy that the true meaning of it all is shinning through.

You all are so blessed to have been so centered on the disciplining of what God has planned in your life.

Good job LA Solace group. You are making a difference.

Rollin With The Homies said...

This is so inspirational. It’s such a healthy reminder that GOD is still working in the midst of a world that seems to have turned their eyes to other idols.

Your faith is impacting Lida directly and so many others, you'll probably never even meet!

Lida’s smile brightened up my day!

boo and stacy said...

AMEN!!! Love this Nicole!!!! Love you!! And so proud of your mission in life!!

boo and stacy said...

And I love Lida and his genuine smile!

Anonymous said...

Such a great post! Thank you for all you're doing for those kids. May the Lord bless you 100 fold for all the love and life you're pouring out.

Shelly said...

Oh Nicole, your words make me smile. You are so right about always looking toward the NEXT big thing in life. But what you are doing is SO BIG!!! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all!!! And I'm still praying for your energy!!