8.22.2011

I can't believe we did it!

 We did it! We went camping with 8 adults and 10 kids and it wasn't half bad.  And letmetellyou Sawyer was in his element.  It was like he had come home...he barely wore clothes, scavenged for food, bugs, sticks and more food and only bathed once.  He LOVED it!
 I mean look at him...he belongs in the wild (Erik calls him wolf-boy b/c if you saw him you may think he was raised by wolves).  This is when I say to myself maybe we should move so that Sawyer can have an acre somewhere to run around.
 Gathering sticks for a fire with dad
 10 kids here.  They did great playing together and slept well at night (I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not we gave them Benedyrl to help them sleep.)

 Great fires for smore's and conversation at night. 
Floating down the lazy river during the day...about the only time we washed up all weekend long.  All in all, I say it was a great experience but I may be on a camping "high" right now after a good nights sleep in my own bed and hot steamy shower at home...we'll see if we try it again next summer!!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Great camping experience. Loved the pictures. Great fun memories those kids will have.
I should blog some of our camping adventures. But you won't find a lazy river in them. Wish we did have one in those days.
Love the Sawyer land of freedom. The boy needs land sticks, bugs, and all nature has to offer. How cool is that.

boo and stacy said...

Camping high after those pictures for sure!!! If we could just stay in a cozy log cabin (each with their own room) then I think it would have been better. Other than that I say this trip gets two thumbs up!!! And YES Wolf Boy was finally home. haha!!

Tootle Family said...

Oh my gosh! I'm packing up the Tootles and we're heading out with y'all next year!!! Sawyer is total wolf-boy!!

Bert said...

Sawyer needs to star in a reality show for youth. He looks like he's been on a survivor show. Love it.

Becky said...

Wow, you are brave to take 3 kids camping, way to go! I'm so glad wolf boy was in his element.