12.18.2011

Birth Order.

Not having any siblings, the dynamics between kids and their birth order traits fascinates me. I want to read a book (any recommendations?) I did a bit of research on first born girls and this is what I found on first born girls:


 My firstborn.  Weighing in at 5 pounds 10 oz, three and a half weeks early.  She is 4 1/2 now and exhibits all the traits typical firstborns do. 

"Mentally focused and physically strong, the first born girl presents a powerful physical presence. She gathers and preserves the family, sometimes overpowering others with her confidence and driving sense of responsibility. What a strong little girl and incredible woman this birth order position is! As she grows, she will start to tell her mother what to do. Control is her natural gift and also her greatest weakness."









 My number 2.  Weighing in at 6 pounds 4 oz he will be three in just a few short months.  Here is what I found on second born children BUT first born boys (VERY interesting):

" No 2 does not like to be told what to do or controlled in any way, especially by his older sister. With this child, asking rather than telling achieves the best results. Privacy is an important issue for a No 2. They need his/her own room, own thoughts, feelings and direction. 

Also interesting... "The No 1 boy tends to have a gentle and detached mind. He often appears detached, as if in a mental fog...A first born son usually feels a greater connection with his mother and at times may clash with his father."

  


Our number 3.  Weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz.  She is our third born BUT ALSO second born girl.  She is just starting to show signs of who she will be.  I find her to be the most alert of all our babies, extremely serious and aware of her surroundings.  This is what I found on third borns, but second born girls:

"The third child after a first-born girl has wisdom past her years with an intense sense of justice and integrity. This child is mentally and physically oriented and has a natural ability to be a teacher or a healer. Firm and caring, she creates a sense of belonging and unity with all those with whom she comes into contact."


7 comments:

Tootle Family said...

I LOVE this post. So interesting and right on with your kids!!! Fun read!

Rollin With The Homies said...

This is great insight! And so true, I've always knew the second girl had wisdom beyond her years:).

Cute pictures.

Shelly said...

So interesting!! Makes me want to give Erik his own room. Some day for sure...

Brillos said...

Fun post. My family is the same. I would match up with Ruby. Watch out guys :-)

Pam said...

This is so cool. I love it. and will now go read it again. I want to read about my kids. where did you find this out. And Ruby just looks wise beyond her years.

LOVE the family photos!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!

Pam said...

oops this is su amiga Stacy

Woods Family said...

this was soooo fascinating - and so profound how you matched up the photos as we read...

loved this -